- Write a haibun about a special moment in September and post it on your blog.
- Click on Mr. Linky below to add your name and direct url to your work.
- Add a link for dVerse on your page so others can find us as well.
- Visit other poets on the list to read their poems and comment.
- Visit our virtual pub and say hello.
- Have fun!
The most memorable songs that I learned in grade school were about Autumn. I’ve taught my favorite ones to my granddaughters and just this last weekend, a cool breeze accompanied by the sound of migrating geese made us break into song.
“Autumn leaves falling and Autumn birds calling. Nippy cool weather for flying South together.
Leaves of warm orange and leaves of golden yellow, cover the hillsides with colors soft and mellow.”
I cannot find this 1960s children’s song anywhere on the internet. How delightful that I was able to pass it along!
Nature will hearten seedlings
Topped by tattered leaves
As an afterthought, I looked for an old video of my oldest granddaughter singing our song. I found it!
She was four in the video… just this month she just turned 17. Follow my Facebook link to hear it.