Here are the questions:
- What is at least one thing that makes you happy today?
- What is one thing that happened last week that made you feel positive and happy?
- What is your positive personal mantra? (Mantra means “a statement or slogan repeated frequently” via Oxford Dictionary.)
- What is the nicest act you secretly did for someone?
- What is one hobby you would like to try?
- Bonus Question: What is your go-to song to belt out in the shower?
1. It’s Springtime. What’s not to feel happy about? My flowering quince is taking on a hue of “pinkness” signaling that an explosion of blooms is imminent.
2. My granddaughter (age 9) and I have been writing a children’s story together. We’ve kept a journal that describes our characters, explains our story line, and keeps our notes as they pop into our heads. It’s been on and off with many of our imaginings taking place as we wait for the school bus. Last week was Spring vacation so we had a whole afternoon to work. I sketched our characters as we had imagined them, and she added some of her own touches, as well as, outline and color. It was one of those productive days that you don’t want to end. Her excitement was the most delightful part! Things are coming together. Her dedication to the project is heartwarming and she now realizes the work that goes into a creative project. We are ‘making memories’ and building skills.
3. My personal positive mantra is: “Yes we can!”
4. I can’t even begin to recall the nicest act that I’ve ‘secretly’ done for someone because I truly don’t remember. I don’t keep score or hang on to those things. They are “seeds” offered to hopefully ‘take root’. I would have to answer, “Whatever my next one is…”.
5. I’ve tried a lot of hobbies and jump from one thing to the other. I’d like to revisit turning clay pots on an old-fashioned potter’s wheel. That was fun! I haven’t done that for 48 years.
6. I never sing in the shower. Ha! Probably because I’m inclined to sing and dance throughout the day. My cellphone ringtone is Come and Get Your Love by Redbone. That song grabs me. I love breaking into to song when it goes off. Spam calls don’t bother me because I’m dancing and ignoring them all at once! LOL