E.M.’s RWP- #179 Massacre- Arming Good

Today’s Random Word is: massacre

No one denies that Evil exists
But some act surprised
And just shake their fists

Massacres happen when good is outnumbered
It’s always been true
When the ‘just’ are encumbered

We can fortify Good with equal brute force
Or shame the ‘soldiers’
And make matters worse

Tragedy’s cowardice cloaked in what’s ‘kind’
Battles aren’t won
From that soft state of mind

Self-importance inspires those prone to blame
But heroes get busy
Aren’t selfish nor vain.

The meek, oh so precious: none should be harmed
Massacre’s ordained
Whenever Good is disarmed.

12 thoughts on “E.M.’s RWP- #179 Massacre- Arming Good

1. oneta hayes 05/30/2022 / 12:44 pm

And I like the poem. Nice form for your message.

• Susan St.Pierre 05/30/2022 / 12:52 pm

I appreciate your comment, Oneta. Your input is always welcome. ❤

2. John Holton 05/30/2022 / 1:45 pm

“The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Excellent poem!

3. Fandango 05/30/2022 / 2:01 pm

So you honestly believe that NRA crap that the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Welcome to the Wild West of the 19th century America, Susan. You’ve been watching too many westerns.

• Susan St.Pierre 05/30/2022 / 2:44 pm

You can sit on your thumbs and cry woulda, coulda, shoulda, or fight back. Up to you, Sport.
      I believe in reality. My spirit animal ain’t a unicorn, pardner. LOL

• Fandango 05/30/2022 / 4:09 pm

Are you really that blind that you think every man, woman, and child in America should be armed with the guns of their choice, with no regulations, no background checks, no registration required, no licensing required, no training required and that would make America a better, safer place? You say you believe in reality, that’s insanity. You get no LOL from me on this one, Susan.

• Susan St.Pierre 05/30/2022 / 4:20 pm

You always expand every point to the broadly absurd or finitely ridiculous. With all due respect, continue this discussion with someone who values your opinion and/or your critique. 😛

• Fandango 05/30/2022 / 4:59 pm

Says the one who implied that I don’t believe in reality and that I’m a unicorn. I do want to fight back, Susan, with my votes, not with guns. That way, nobody gets shot.

• Susan St.Pierre 05/30/2022 / 5:01 pm

Your lack of self-awareness is astounding, Cupcake.

• Fandango 05/30/2022 / 5:06 pm

You’re a funny person. Very sad, but funny in your own warped way. Now it’s your turn, since you seem to feel compelled to get the last word in. What derogatory name are you going to call me in your next comment? Please entertain me with your devilish wit.