This week’s topic is:
“Habits and Routines “
Here are the questions:
- Do you have a daily routine that you are used to, or do you just go with the flow of the new day?
- Do you do anything in your life habitually that you wish you could stop?
- If habit was the acronym H.A.B.I.T, what would it be short for?
- Are we born with our bad habits? Or do we acquire them from the environment surrounding us?
- Are you a night owl, early bird, or something else when it comes to sleeping routines?
1. I’m usually a ‘go with the flow’ person. I find unplanned vacations extremely fun. There’s just one thing I start the day with and that is prayer and gratitude. The rest of the day is an adventure.
2. I procrastinate. That likely comes from zigging and zagging all day. It’s yet to be a big problem and, on occasion, it has been beneficial when a task I’d been putting off changes or isn’t necessary after all. I could use a little more self-discipline in accomplishing tasks so curbing my tendency to procrastinate would be a good thing.
3. Heck, Any Burden Is Tough
4. I think our basic natures promote or direct us to bad habits but essentially, we keep repeating what “works” for us, even if it’s ‘bad’. With little kids, they know biting others is wrong from the stern reaction they get from adults but it’s a hard habit to break. I’ve observed the act of biting as a contagious habit in a group of toddlers. It’s hard to break that cycle because they realize how powerful it is in its ability to end a disagreement no matter the consequences.
5. In a perfect world, I’d be an early bird. I am at my most vigorous in the morning. Yes, I’m one of those annoying persons who is ready to dance as soon as my feet hit the floor. LOL
But the schedules of others in my household impede my ability to follow my natural inclination… so I compromise to make life for all of us comfortable. 😉
5 thoughts on “E.M.’s Sunday Ramble Prompt #20- 4/17/22”
I can relate to the procrastinating. I do that a lot too, although for me it’s usually out of overwhelm with a task that is too difficult for me to oversee.
I love your answer to #5. Ready to dance, LOL. I’d love to. That being said, when I still had to get up early (as in, 6:30AM), I would jump out of my bed as soon as my alarm went off too. I hated snoozing.
I just knew we were soul mates.
Welcome to the Ramble, Susan! I’m glad you made it, and with great answers too! I enjoyed your acronym and your dancing feet in the morning. I wish I could do that…I’m grumpy until I get my coffee in me 😀 Thanks for rambling with me, and Happy Easter!
Much appreciated. I was pleased to participate. 😊