Weekly Smile 5/17/21 Lovely Weekend

We finally got a Friday night through Sunday at our woodland campsite.
It felt wonderful!

The crabapple trees are flowering and humming with honeybees.

Spring flowers everywhere.

violets and forget-me-nots

The frogs are happily living around our little pond.

I found some trillium and a Jack-in-the-pulpit.

frog 2021

And? When I decided to look for my first 4-leafed clover all I had to do was look down and there it was.

4 leafed clover

The sounds of gray tree frogs, pileated woodpeckers, and the Spring run-off were music to my ears.
This is my favorite time of year!

weeklysmile2b

The Weekly Smile for the 17th of May, 2021 #weeklysmile | Trent’s World (the Blog) (trentsworld.blog)

10 thoughts on “Weekly Smile 5/17/21 Lovely Weekend

1. trentpmcd 05/17/2021 / 11:11 am

Glad you were able to make it to your camp. Funny, I had been keeping my eye out for a four leaf clover all spring, but with no luck. A few days ago I was talking to a friend who I sort of compete with on 4 leaf clovers. She said she hadn’t found one yet. I looked down and sure enough there was one at my feet right then! The stars were aligned just right 😉 Like you, I take photos of them, not pick them – better luck, at least for the plant…

• Susan St.Pierre 05/17/2021 / 11:15 am

I’ve found 9 leafed clovers and my daughter holds the record finding one with 11!
      Happy hunting! Thanks.

• trentpmcd 05/17/2021 / 11:45 am

As a kid I think I found up to 7. In the last two years, I found a five-leaf clover.

2. Mason Bushell 05/17/2021 / 11:25 am

Glad you got some weekenders back at your campsite.

Those are some wonderful shots of the beautiful nature you have.

• Mason Bushell 05/17/2021 / 11:30 am

Absolutely, I’d be a happy boy writing by my tent there.

3. ghostmmnc 05/17/2021 / 3:53 pm