Eugi’s Weekly Prompt-Swirling

021
photo by sillyfrog

Feathery furls.
Tendrils nodding to the new season.
Subtly swirling.
Shy and tender preparing a single act .
Precious persistence.
Coiled, yet poised; too humble for praise.
Earnestly engineered
Just for those who study beginnings.

Eugi’s Weekly Prompt – Swirling – March 25, 2021 – Eugi’s Causerie (amanpan.com)

16 thoughts on “Eugi’s Weekly Prompt-Swirling

1. -Eugenia 03/25/2021 / 8:29 pm

How lovely! I love every word of this poem. You have a beautiful blog, Btw!

• -Eugenia 03/26/2021 / 4:13 pm

Thank you!

2. Jules 03/28/2021 / 10:47 am

I have some ferns… I hope the cold weather didn’t ‘get ’em’ as they are not yet unfurling… I do love to watch their progress.

• Susan St.Pierre 03/28/2021 / 10:50 am

They’re pretty tough plants. Best wishes and thanks!

• Jules 03/28/2021 / 11:06 am

(PS) I also 💚🐸’s
        Somewhere I have a series of kaeru poems.

KAERU, spelt K A E R U rather than “ea”, is the Japanese word for a frog. … KAERU also has a second meaning in Japanese: to return (帰る). There is a play on words in Japan, whereby frogs are considered a symbol of prosperity, that wealth and fortune will return (kaeru) wherever there is a frog (kaeru).

• Susan St.Pierre 03/28/2021 / 12:00 pm

I love that you shared those meanings with me! I’d enjoy reading your poems. Frogs have always appealed to me. I could watch them all day. 😉

• Jules 03/28/2021 / 12:15 pm

Frogs are good luck in many cultures 🙂
        You name the medium I probably have a frog in it (including greeting card illustrations and photos) 🙂

(But then I also have too many other collections… including children’s books – I used to teach pre-school.)

• Susan St.Pierre 03/28/2021 / 1:20 pm

I’ve been a family child care/ teacher for 42 years. We have much in common. Frogs are elemental in life. They are like canaries in coal mines. If they are healthy and prosperous, then the ecosystem is too. Thanks for sharing, kindred spirit. 😉