Friday Fictioneers~ Contemplations

OUR PHOTO PROMPT 3/12/21

PHOTO PROMPT © CEAyr

He enjoyed this part of the day, alone with his contemplations,
and always stood to the right of the stairs.
It gave his left-hand more visibility waving to other early morning ‘dreamers’.
They were often the same people and all, but one, were also left-handed.

Perhaps, there is some credibility to the theories of left-handedness and its correlation to deep contemplation?
Or, does left-handedness inspire love of solitude?
The ocean; are left-handed people naturally drawn to it?

Presently, a new group of six came down the steps. All of them immediately appeared right-handed.
He waved and wondered why they’d come?

(100 words)
Rochelle Wisoff-Fields-Addicted to Purple | Growing older is inevitable. Growing up is optional.

33 thoughts on “Friday Fictioneers~ Contemplations

1. Dale 03/10/2021 / 11:34 am

Contemplative and maybe a bit close-minded 😉

• Susan St.Pierre 03/10/2021 / 11:44 am

I didn’t get that feeling at all because he seems to drift wherever a new thought arises. An interesting viewpoint you have! I’ll have to contemplate it. 😉 Thanks.

• Dale 03/10/2021 / 4:14 pm

Don’t you love how other people read our stories? Sometimes, I get a real eye-opener!

2. neilmacdon 03/10/2021 / 12:03 pm

People do love to define in-groups and out-groups, don’t they?

• Susan St.Pierre 03/10/2021 / 12:13 pm

Wow… the second comment about the man singling people out?
      Not intended and never considered. That subtext assumption is now quite intriguing to me. 😁
      He may have read a Psychology Today article on left-handedness and was testing it? He may have noticed that other left-handed people were regulars and was testing ideas popping into his head? At the end, his hypotheses were challenged by the new group. In my head, he was about to scrap them and became curious about motivations for coming on another level.

• neilmacdon 03/10/2021 / 12:14 pm

That would, indeed, have made it a different story

• Susan St.Pierre 03/10/2021 / 12:34 pm

It would have been a longer one too. Snippets of 100 words are hard to dissect but the different reactions are fascinating. Thanks.

3. jenne49 03/10/2021 / 12:10 pm

I see a man lost in his own thoughts, taking them for granted and then pondering a new element. What will he make of it, I wonder?

• Susan St.Pierre 03/10/2021 / 12:14 pm

Me too. Thanks. I was concerned that I had read my own intentions wrong. 😁

4. Iain Kelly 03/10/2021 / 2:29 pm

I’m right-handed and left-footed – what would he make of me?! Unique take 🙂

• Susan St.Pierre 03/10/2021 / 2:43 pm

He’d likely would want to know why you’d come to the beach. 🙂

5. Brenda's Thoughts 03/10/2021 / 7:02 pm

The right handers gave him something else to contemplate. Very creative story!

6. granonine 03/10/2021 / 10:06 pm

Hmm. Thinking of the lefties I know. Surely can’t be lumped into one category or another. Creativity, perhaps, is a common factor.

I hope all those lefties will make the righties welcome 🙂

• Susan St.Pierre 03/11/2021 / 7:51 am

He’s just wandering through crazy thoughts, as we all do sometimes. 😉

7. msjadeli 03/10/2021 / 11:18 pm

They say the left hemisphere of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa, which means left-handed people are dominated by the right side of the brain, which is the creative side of the brain; yet this person has analytical logical left-sided thinking but is also left-handed. And the plot thickens 😉

8. rochellewisoff 03/11/2021 / 7:58 am

Dear Susan,

There are all kinds of theories to contemplate. I myself am a right-brained, righthanded person who loves solitude. Love your lefthanded, contemplative story.

Shalom,

Rochelle

• Susan St.Pierre 03/11/2021 / 8:54 am

I am a whole brained right hander. He’s about to move to another theoretical cloud. 😉

9. GHLearner 03/11/2021 / 8:23 am

His anecdotal evidence does need a bit more in-depth research. It asks for many more days of ocean-contemplation. Fun story.

10. elmowrites 03/11/2021 / 3:28 pm

This guy needs to stop worrying about theories and start enjoying the scenery! It looks like he’s fallen down a mental rabbit hole.

11. Tannille 03/11/2021 / 11:26 pm

“Early morning dreamers” – what a great expression.

12. James McEwan 03/12/2021 / 3:54 am

I was beginning to wonder, perhaps he only has one arm and hand.
    Food for thought – indeed.

13. athling2001 03/12/2021 / 6:06 pm

Interesting musing. I know I’ll be thinking about them for some time.

• Susan St.Pierre 03/12/2021 / 7:32 pm

Thoroughly made up, just sayin’. 🙂
      I’ve heard left-handers are supposed to have a creative edge. I think it’s bunk. I’m right handed by the way. Thanks!

14. ahtdoucette 03/14/2021 / 1:34 pm

Uh-oh, I’m right-handed but I’ve also been known to engage in deep contemplation. I do think it helps to be different in some way though. Wonder what happens next.