Weekly Smile ~ 3/1/21

The cardinals are singing their Spring song!
Actually, the males are advertising for mates. I wait for this event every winter.
Usually, it happens between Jan. 25 and Feb. 10. It may have happened this year during that time but I hadn’t heard it until last week.
I was likely inside during an inclement spell during that time OR they decided to ‘get busy’ only under a weather permitting time table.
Anyway, last week was my first notice of the cardinals of 2021.
Our first harbinger of Springtime has arrived.
Birds make me smile throughout the year but this event gets a GREAT BIG SMILE!

Weekly Smile for the First of March 2021 #weeklysmile | Trent’s World (the Blog)

9 thoughts on “Weekly Smile ~ 3/1/21

1. Mason Bushell 03/01/2021 / 2:00 pm

How wonderful! Nothings nicer than the sound of the birds. There are no feathery cardinals in the UK. We have bright red and green cardinal beetles instead.

• Susan St.Pierre 03/01/2021 / 6:00 pm

I really like bugs too. They sound extremely interesting!

• Mason Bushell 03/01/2021 / 6:09 pm

Bugs are real cool under a macro lens. Some of my best photo are of beetles and other minibeasts. I got discouraged from sharing them when I could never submit them to stock photo places so I don’t use them on my blog much.

• Susan St.Pierre 03/01/2021 / 6:17 pm

Macro bug photos are awesome! I have my own collection too.

• Mason Bushell 03/02/2021 / 5:01 am

Indeed, they’re amazing colourful and detailed up close. I love that you have a collection of photos too.

2. dawnkinster 03/08/2021 / 5:31 pm

Our males sit way in the tops of trees and sing that. I love when the morning light hits them and they glow. For me, spring is here when I hear the red winged blackbird sing. Other people have heard it this year, but I’m still waiting. When I was in Alabama I heard them, and the frogs peeping in ponds…but not quite here in lower Michigan, at least for me, yet.

• Susan St.Pierre 03/08/2021 / 5:36 pm

Yet to hear the red winged blackbirds. (Love them!) And, spring peepers are likely a month away for us in Massachusetts.