Six Sentence Story: Mark

Homeschooling had been discussed but the shutdown of schools nudged them to take that leap.

The kids gathered round the table and simultaneously tapped their laptops.

Moving at their our pace, in their own place, wasn’t only empowering… it was fun.

The morning chatting had run overtime reaching a natural easy conclusion and no one cared.

When kids are eager to make their own grade, they’ll certainly leave an extraordinarily personal mark.

~ https://girlieontheedge1.wordpress.com/2021/02/03/its-six-sentence-story-thursday-link-up-145/

27 thoughts on “Six Sentence Story: Mark

1. Frank Hubeny 02/03/2021 / 10:51 pm

Homeschooling is one of the unforeseen benefits of the virus last year.

2. Romi 02/03/2021 / 11:11 pm

Excellent!

• Susan St.Pierre 02/04/2021 / 8:59 am

Thanks. After reading other posts, I’m going all in creative the next time. A great first experiment.

3. Reena Saxena 02/04/2021 / 12:43 am

Is homeschooling being done in small groups?

• Susan St.Pierre 02/04/2021 / 8:57 am

At my house it is. I’m a grandma and day care provider. My group is grandkids +1 with kids plugged into purchased age appropriate online studies. I provide the “one on one” instruction and add my own creative flair. It’s not at all scary and the kids are blossoming!

4. Chris Hall 02/04/2021 / 1:16 am

We tend to forget the benefits of being compelled to stay at home.

5. Pat Brockett 02/04/2021 / 1:39 am

So good to see you posting here at the SSS! I have friends and family who are homeschooling or have homeschooled their children. In many ways I think families who were already homeschooling their children before COVID may have had somewhat of an advantage during this time when so many children haven’t been able to attend school in person.
    Like – “School days had become layered parfaits of instruction, family values, and exploration on their own terms.”

• Susan St.Pierre 02/04/2021 / 9:02 am

Thanks very much. I’m glad to be here! Homeschooling was like Covid-19 in the way that knowing more about it made it far less scary.

6. GirlieOnTheEdge 02/04/2021 / 6:27 am

Welcome to Six Sentence Stories, Susan!
    There are times when an “affirmation” from the Universe can help us take a first a step. Homeschooling surely has its advantages as well as disadvantages, both for parent and children.
    Love the positivity of your last sentence.

7. The Vintage Toy Advertiser 02/04/2021 / 11:54 am

Welcome to the 6SS 🙂 Homeschooling was something we considered too, way back before Covid-19 set in. Plenty of benefits to be had.

8. Joyce P Lansky 02/04/2021 / 4:42 pm

Yes, they will. I never imagined a world like the one we are living in!

• Susan St.Pierre 02/04/2021 / 5:03 pm

When we unplug from the news cycles, I don’t notice a change. Seems there may not be a crisis unless we’re told about it. Thanks.

9. clark 02/04/2021 / 5:16 pm

One of the first people I came to be friends with, once I began to spend time in the blogosphere, lived in rural Wyoming. She homeschooled three boys. This was back on 2010. Remembering her description of the necessary planning and organization, I have an enhanced appreciation of the work and effort required.
    Good Six

• Susan St.Pierre 02/04/2021 / 5:23 pm

The internet has made it far easier since then, I’m sure. There are many excellent sites that do the tedious stuff for a subscription fee. Expanding on those formats, is great fun. Thanks!

10. messymimi's meanderings 02/04/2021 / 8:46 pm

Homeschooling can be fabulous. It has to work for the parents, the child, and the family as a whole. When it does, it is the best choice all around.

11. Liz H 02/05/2021 / 6:20 pm

Great use of the image of parfait, almost mouth-watering, which is what the best kind of learning should feel like!

12. Lisa Tomey 02/08/2021 / 7:10 pm

I wish I were home schooled when I was young. Nice six.