Haibun Monday: Morning Remembers

100_7248

The first light winked through the trees as she settled into her cozy place, no one could see her there … except for the “usuals” … mossy stump, the pebbled path, and mister raven, prompt and steady was the faithful feathered phantom even in his bachelorhood. Solitude’s not unkind, yet , she may feel a loss once he mates, perhaps… he’ll return for want of familiar peace — just as she will come, enchanted by unforgotten glorious mornings.

Treasured place be mine
Moments of new light alive
Morning remembers.

26 thoughts on “Haibun Monday: Morning Remembers

1. Mish 09/03/2018 / 5:24 pm

I like the alliteration of “faithful, feathered phantom” . There is a nostalgic feel to this with hope for new beginnings, new mornings to come.Thanks for joining in with the prompt. 🙂

2. Singledust 09/03/2018 / 6:02 pm

the usual will always appreciate her solitude and steadfastness, love the last line of your haibun, a beautiful tribute to morning time

• Susan St.Pierre 09/03/2018 / 6:13 pm

Thank-you. Your comment was much appreciated and beautiful.

3. Beverly Crawford 09/03/2018 / 6:08 pm

What a charming spot you describe. For some reason I thought of a book I read years ago by Gene Stratton Porter called “The Girl of the Limberlost”.

• Susan St.Pierre 09/03/2018 / 6:21 pm

I’m going to look for that book. I believe it may speak to me. Thank you for commenting.

4. Grace 09/03/2018 / 6:17 pm

Such a lovely painting of the morning, filled with good memories and familiar peace.

5. Jo 09/03/2018 / 6:18 pm

Great first sentence to start your haibun and your haiku is lovely.

6. Glenn Buttkus 09/03/2018 / 6:28 pm

Nature girl for sure–and very Zen, at one with the woods and raven; nice haiku as well.

7. V.J. Knutson 09/03/2018 / 7:54 pm

This is very interesting – works for animal and human (or faery realm). Description is perfection.

8. rothpoetry 09/03/2018 / 8:05 pm

I love your Haibun from the owl’s perspective.

9. Frank Hubeny 09/03/2018 / 8:44 pm

Nice phrase: “he’ll return for want of familiar peace”

10. Maggie C 09/03/2018 / 11:23 pm

Solitude’s not unkind, yet… I like that. You paint an intriguing portrait of this treasured place.

• Susan St.Pierre 09/04/2018 / 7:45 am

Thank-you. I have a place in the forest, so this was a self portrait of sorts. 😉

11. kim881 09/04/2018 / 2:30 am

I love the familiarity in your haibun, Susan, of the persona and my own with similar early morning scenes, especially the first light winking through the trees and the usual landmarks and wildlife. How wonderful to have a raven as regular companion, so familiar that he’s described as ‘faithful feathered phantom even in his bachelorhood’ and ‘she may feel a loss once he mates’.

• Susan St.Pierre 09/04/2018 / 7:49 am

There’s a coziness to familiar things, isn’t there? I wonder if folks who don’t have the opportunity to observe nature realize that even animals have routines. Thank-you for your observation and comment!

• Susan St.Pierre 09/04/2018 / 7:52 am

Solitude and loneliness aren’t even on the same spectrum, my friend. One fills you up and the other leaves you empty. Thanks for commenting!