Winter Approaches

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk

I wish her well.

Winter approaches swiftly.

Trying

Hungry times

Of frozen days.

This season will be her making.

I wish her well…

——————————————————————————————

I took this photo in my backyard yesterday…I hope to see her throughout this winter.

13 thoughts on “Winter Approaches

1. Joan 11/13/2010 / 11:15 am

Beautiful raptor-isn’t the hawk a super threat to your birdfeeder?

• sillyfrogsusan 11/14/2010 / 12:09 pm

Only to the birds who visit it. LOL! Hawks need to eat too ya know 🙂

2. Becca Allison 11/13/2010 / 1:50 pm

Beautiful picture composition, lovely poem.

Thanks for reading my post about Lallie and commenting. I think we should always be present in the moment and love people as best we can. None of us knows how long we have, or others have.

I’m going to try to post more often on my blog – you inspire me!

Becca

• sillyfrogsusan 11/14/2010 / 12:11 pm

It would be so very nice to see more blog posts…I DO love your writing, my friend.
      Susan

3. pkhawk 11/13/2010 / 2:08 pm

Another inspired poem with a matching photo, just made to fit. I absolutely love this whole complete picture. Time stands still for no one.

• sillyfrogsusan 11/14/2010 / 12:12 pm

Many times I find a favorite photo THEN write a poem to go with it…works so well!

4. Harshika 11/14/2010 / 2:27 am

Lovely poem 🙂

nice wishes to the hawk 🙂

• sillyfrogsusan 11/19/2010 / 6:07 pm

I have stalled lately BUT just moved my computer to a downstairs place that is more accessible…hope you are doing well.

5. Jingle 11/23/2010 / 6:19 am

cute thought, lovely wishes.
    how I miss reading you.
    keep it up.
    your poetry rocks.

6. Olivia 01/08/2011 / 2:17 am

I wish her all the very best too.. 🙂

Very well expressed Dear.. Wonderfully written..
    Hugs xox

7. Olivia 01/08/2011 / 2:18 am

It has been a while, hope that you have a promising and fulfilling 2011 ahead.
    We have enjoyed your support in 2010, a great big thanks here, cheers!

We will have our 17th potluck beginning this Sunday, Hope to see you in.

our theme this week is: “the road ahead”, but you are welcome to share old poems or poems unrelated to our theme..

The more you share, the happier we are…
    You have been a gem to our community, keep shining with your fabulous talent and have fun!

• sillyfrogsusan 01/08/2011 / 12:22 pm

Thanks Olivia…I miss the potluck time. Soon I hope to jump in again.